warehouse

Work begins on 1920's Warehouse Upgrade by Kate Beilby

We've just begun work to restore, seismically upgrade and extend an old warehouse building in Eden Terrace.  Interestingly, it was originally built in the early 1920's for 'J.W. Andrew Esq' as a Ford car showroom, a company still operating in Auckland as John Andrew Ford.  The building now houses a creative team of architecturally trained model makers and design fabricators who build exquisite models and exhibition displays.

One of the best parts about working on historical buildings is looking through the old drawings.  Here are some examples of drawings for this building ranging from the 1920's to the late 1970's.